Sunday, April 22, 2018

Heather Ross Mini Quilt Swap

I have really limited my mini quilt swapping this year so it can focus more on my UFOs.  So far I have only signed up for two swaps, a Heather Ross swap and the May the 4th Swap. 

This was the finished mini I sent my partner for the HR swap.


For the this swap you had to use mostly Heather Ross fabrics.  I had seen some awesome HR fabric collections on Instagram and admired them, but I only had a couple of pieces from a few of her lines. I jumped in anyway hoping my partner would still love a mini full of kitties and luckily she did.


I fussy cute each hexagon and then added inner triangles so I was able to sew the hexagons together in rows without any Y seams. This method allowed me to sew the top together quickly and easily.



I used the kitties from the Tiger Lily line and some of the fish from the Mendocino line.




Then I saw this pin cushion caddy on Instagram and knew the sides would be perfect for fussy cutting some mermaids. 

This swap required at least three extras along with the mini.  I love getting extras myself so I was happy to add extras. First I made the caddy and purchased several notions to go inside. 


 I also made a cute ear bud pouch from this cute bee fabric,  also from the Tiger Lily line. I nabbed the photo of the pouch from my partner since I forgot to get a photo of it myself.  She did a great job with pictures. 



My partner loved it and I got a pretty spiffy package in return from my other partner.  Lots of hexies and lots of different prints along with some great extras.  I am in love.

Another great swap.  Now on to finish the Star Wars mini and get it shipped out in time for May the 4th.



=^..^=


No comments:

Post a Comment