This is my version of an "Underwater" swap. I picked a background fabric that reminded me of water and then printed out an underwater scene and ironed it on. Then added an orange starfish for more color and finally did some circle free motion quilting on the blue background. I like the way it makes the card feel with that type of quilting. I can feel little "bubbles" in the fabric.
I made these red flowery ones for an Art 2 Mail swap. These three fabrics are my three favorite out of my whole stash. :)
This card started out as a "Purple Haze" card for a swap earlier this year. I didn't like the way it was turning out though, so I let it sit. This month, I added some yellow stitches and a fancy yellow fabric edging and I must say I really like the way this one turned out. I wanted to keep it for myself, but I was a good swapper and mailed it out to it's destination. :)
I had some leftover hands punched out of blue fabric from a previous project and wondered what on earth I could do with them. I laid them on the post card in what seemed like hundreds of different layouts. I finally decided on this one, My version of an Inkblot. I like how it turned out.
This card was made for a flying Geese swap. I received some really great ones so far though that blew mine out of the water. They are pictured below. The first is from Vicky, the second is from Barbara. These women are great piecers.
I had a box full of rolls of ribbon that didn't have enough yardage to make much of anything with. Instead of throwing them out, I decided to make postcards out of them. I took all that extra bits of ribbon and wove them together. I had enough varieties to make 14 different cards. I sent them to the ladies in one of my Art 2 Mail groups, and of course kept one for me. :)