Friday, November 24, 2017

Starburst Lonestars Finished

 Another UFO finished today.  
I started this one in January 2014 for the Kona Solid Blog hop.
You can see the original post here.

In January 2014 I had the top pieced and had quilted all the stars using my domestic machine. Then it got folded up and sat for a long time while other projects got finished first. 



In October I got myself a new toy. The first thing I quilted on it was my Zebra quilt top (I still need to get a finished picture of that one). Then I looked through my UFO pile to find another top to play with and I came across this quilt in the pile.  It was already half quilted and trimmed for binding.   

I wasn't sure if I could load a trimmed quilt onto my long-arm, but it worked no problem. I had already quilted in the ditch in all the sashing, and had a few lines marked for the white so I got to it and finished all the background quilting.

I did some quick feathers in the blue border and finished the binding this morning.

Another UFO off the list!

That makes two for this quarter for the 2017 Finish-A-long.
 
Yay! I have already doubled my last quarter finishes.
I'm on a roll. See my ambitious list here.


I did have a little bit of trouble loading the quilt on the frame, but it wasn't due to anything I had done. My kitty Boonky decided he wanted to roll around in it while I was pinning it onto the machine.  I finally had to free him up for other play opportunities in the other parts of the house.


=^..^=



2 comments:

  1. Yay for finished UFOs! I've got a couple quilts in the same situation - some of the quilting was already done on my domestic, but now I'm running them through the longarm. Your work looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful. Is your process quicker now with the long arm machine?

    ReplyDelete