Monday, December 30, 2013

Celtic Solstice - Still on Step 2

Yep, still on step two, but I am making some progress.  I got all my white and yellow squares marked, and have various steps completed for step two.  I knew the king size would slow me down a little but not this much, but to be fair, I do have some really good excuses for being little behind on the mystery.

First off, when step two came out and after all the Christmas parties were over I had to study for a final exam for my Microeconomics class. I aced that with a 96 and got an A in the class, and I am sitting pretty with a 4.0 GPA over all! Yehaw!
For those who don't know I started back to college about a year and half ago.
I'll finish this coming May with my Bachelors degree.


When step three came out I was packed and driving so I could take a ride on this: The Carnival Dream.

When Step 4 came out I was somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

The kids said all they wanted for Christmas was a cruise, so Santa brought them one a week early.
We spent the week walking on beautiful beaches


Snorkeling in the blue water...

And exploring the islands of  Nassua, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten.


Can you believe I did not even miss my sewing machine?
After the cruise we spent a little time in Daytona Beach, Florida. We got home in time to relax for a day before heading out to visit relatives for Christmas.  The wee bit of sewing time I did squeeze in was reserved for my Starry Night Quilt. I really wanted that one done by the end of the year.

So December was a busy a month which didn't leave much time for Mystery sewing.
And those are my excuses, and I'm sticking to them.  ;)


=^..^=


4 comments:

  1. You will get all caught up, vacation looked like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! That is the exact sh and places I am going to in January!! Do you have an suggestions on things to do on this cruise??

    ReplyDelete
  3. With beaches and skies like that I can believe you didn't miss your sewing machine! Looks like a dream vacation.

    ReplyDelete