Monday, September 23, 2013

Lots of Ohio Stars


These blocks would make a great quilt all by themselves, but they are going into something else.
I have been asked to be in charge of the Opportunity Quilt for my guild and I have decided to make an Orca Bay quilt.  It was Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt a couple years ago.  I didn't do the mystery at the time but every since I saw the finished quilt I have always wanted to make one. I figured this would be the perfect time to do it.

I used a lot of my own scraps and also asked the ladies of the guild to donate their red, blue, black, and neutral fabrics.  Then I went out and bought some fat quarters to fill in the rest of the scraps.   I wanted to have a lot of different fabrics in the quilt.  Each Ohio Star block has a different red fabric center.  That is 56 different red fabrics!  I love it!

I'll finish up the colored string blocks this week and then I will add them to the Ohio Star Blocks.  I am getting really excited about this project.  I may have to have my husband buy a bunch of tickets so I can increase the chances of it coming back to my house when it is finished.  ;)


=^..^=


3 comments:

  1. They look lovely,,, what size are they? They look like they might be 6.5 inches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, these would make a lovely quilt all by themselves. Orca Bay is quite stunning though, so they'll be in a lovely setting. Have fun putting it together and good luck bringing it home again :)

    ReplyDelete