Sunday, June 9, 2013

SFQ 2013 Guild Challenge

It was a great day at the guild challenge the other day.   I enjoyed looking at all the quilts and seeing how everyone interpreted the theme:  "America the Beautiful: Home Sweet Home".  I took pictures of every quilt, unfortunately some came out blurry. Below are some of the better photos. I meant to post these photos the other day, but I wanted to be able to write who won what with the pictures so I had to wait till I got part of the winners list.


3rd Place Best Piecing



Tied for 2nd place for Best Machine Quilting









2nd Place Best Use of Theme
3rd Place Most Unique Use of Theme


2nd Place Most Unique Use of Theme


3rd Place Best Machine Quilting




Tied for 2nd Place for Best Machine Quilting





This quilt won Best in Show.
1st place for Best Use of Theme
1st place for Most Unique use of Theme
1st Place Best Art Quilt
3rd Place for Applique


3rd Place Best Art Quilt

 2nd place for Piecing
2nd place for Best use of Color


My quilt won 1rst place for Machine Quilting
1rst place for Piecing
1rst Place for Best use of Color
3rd Place for Best use of Theme
(:   *YaY*  :)
(Ribbons were awarded at the end of the show, so I didn't have a chance to go around and get photos of all the other quilts with their ribbons.)


I think this one got third place for Hand quilting.

2nd place for Best Hand Quilting
2nd place for Best Art Quilt

1st Best Hand Quilting
1st Best Applique



Everyone did a great job. I loved seeing all the different interpretations.
These quilts will hang all summer at the Hartsville, SC Museum.
If you live near by, head on over to see them in person.
Quilts always look better in person.


=^..^=


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Your quilt is beautiful. Thanks for sharing all the other beauties too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your ribbons!

    ReplyDelete