For the September Friday Night Sew In, I didn't really do much sewing. Instead I spent the evening doing dome prep work for my dotty Dresden quilt.
I turned this pile of fabric into a pile of neatly pressed Dresden plate petals.
I also cut out all the brown circles I will need to finish my quilt.
While I was at it I also decided to press a different set of Dresden plate petals. I was originally going to use these pastels for my Dots on Dots blog hop block, but I didn't have enough dot fabrics to finish the Dresden plate. This particular Dresden pate will need 20 petals, and I when I started it, I only had enough dot fabric for 5 petals. I thought about duplicating fabrics, but I really wanted 20 different ones for this project.
I have since collected a few more pastel dot fabrics, but I am still on the hunt for three three more to finish it up.
Even though there was no humming of the sewing machine on Friday, I was still very productive.
Now that these petals are prepped and pressed, I can zip them through the machine in no time.