Monday, July 16, 2012

Beverly's Second Quilt

This was the other item I finished up on FNSI.
It was mostly complete when I started for the night, I just had to finish up some quilting in a few of the circles.

Beverly she said this top was made by her sister-in-law and has a very special place in her heart.  Beverly's sister-in-law pieced it when she was about 12 years of age. She got the fabrics from her grandmother and great grandmother. Then in 1991 before she died, she sent the top to Beverly from Anchorage Alaska.  At first Beverly wasn't sure if I could quilt it since it was sewn together kind of wonky,  I tried to iron it real good, but it was difficult. I kept ironing new creases when I tried to get rid of old ones. So I did the best I could with pressing and then basted it.  With a little time, patience, and a lot of fudging of fabric I was able to quilt it up for Beverly.  It does have a few puckers in it from odd seams but I think it turned out wonderful and am glad that I was able to help make it a finished quilt.  It has its own beautiful unique charm.

All the different fabrics in it were wonderful to look at and were all so soft. 


=^..^=

No comments:

Post a Comment