Sunday, July 1, 2012

AYOS - Leap Year and Vacation

I finished up my Leap Year just in time.  Last week I was on vacation at the beach but I stayed at my Mom's house and since she has a sewing machine, I took my Schinibble project with me so I could finish it up in time for the parade.

I sewed a little in the mornings before we headed out for our activities, then spent Saturday morning finishing it up.
My mom and I took all the kids to Brookgreen Gardens on Tuesday. We got to see the butterfly exhibit and all the animals before our feet started hurting and our tummies rumbled.  We will have to go back one day to get pictures of all the flower gardens and statues on the other side.  It was a fun day. All the kids had cameras and were taking just as many pictures as my mom and I.  


We spent almost every evening/night on the beach or pier.
The beach at dusk is one of my favorite times to go.



Friday we did the super touristy stuff and rode the SkyWheel.
It has some awesome views.



I am only an hour and twenty minutes from Myrtle Beach so I get to go often.

But sometimes I wish I still lived there.


Sitting on the beach after a day of school or work is the best way to end the day.

I need to find a way to move back there.


=^..^=


4 comments:

  1. Nice beach pictures. I love that one with all the kids taking pictures at the same time. Your Leap Year quilt is awesome. I love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture from the SkyWheel is great! Lovely looking beach! Quilt is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me want to go to the beach...and make another quilt!

    ReplyDelete