Thursday, June 7, 2012

My Guild Challenge Entry


Today was my Guild's quilt challenge reveal at the Hartsville Museum.
There were lots of great quilts submitted and I will post more of those tomorrow.
For now I will show you the quilt I submitted.   


 The theme was "Quilting in the Carolina's".



 I had a hard time coming up with something to fit the theme. 
I finally decided to use my Lithia Park quilt since I worked on it in both NC and SC.


 I worked on English paper piecing the flowers and appliqueing them down as I traveled, visiting relatives in NC and SC.  I figured that would fit the theme literally.
I impressed myself with my cute little applique circles.
That was the first time I hand appliqued circles.

 I quilted the border with some inspiration from Sew Kind of Wonderful.


  I moved out front to the sunshine to try and pick up some more of the quilting details.






Here it is hanging in the museum.  It is one of the first quilts you see as you come in the door.
Now I need to start thinking about next years show.  The theme for that one is
"America the beautiful: My home sweet home."
I have no clue what to do for that one but I want to come up with something wowing for next year so I better get crackin.


=^..^=





3 comments:

  1. WOW!!! That is just GORGEOUS!!! Stunning!! I'm so impressed with your talent! Are the stars appliquéd?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lynn, thanks so much!! I am not sure if you check back at comments, but since your reply came with the return email address as "noreply-comment@blogger.com" I wasn't able to email you back. So I thought I would respond here in hopes that you see it.

    Yes all the star flowers are hand appliqued. Not only did I work on them while traveling, I also worked on them Monday evenings till they were all finished. It was a fun project that kept my hands busy while I watched my Monday night shows. It took me about about a year to sew them together and then applique them down. It might have gone quicker if I had watched more TV. ;)

    ReplyDelete