Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Leftovers are good.

I added some red sashing to my leftovers from my strip tube quilt and got the top sewn together.
I used the same herringbone fabric from the Reunion line.  My daughter says it looks pink instead of red.
 I guess the tiny red lines mixed with the tiny white ones makes it look more pink instead of red.


I wanted to add a blue border from the same line, but the only blue I had left was this one.  It comes across as way to busy for me though, so I haven't sewn it on yet.  Perhaps it would look better as the binding.
What do you all think?  Omit the border and use it as binding? or Keep the big border?


=^..^=

7 comments:

  1. Love your leftover quilt! I would omit the blue border and use that or the red herringbone for the binding. Gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like it without the border, but I'm not sure. With the border looks great too. Maybe decide if you want the quilt bigger or smaller, and decide that way? Love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your strip tube top and the leftover quilt turned out great. Not the layout I expected. But then I just popped in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the red/pink! I agree about the border though, it's too much. It would look nice as binding ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually like it. It sort of brings out the center of the quilt. But that's just me...maybe I like busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forget the border and use it as the binding!! Great what you can do with leftovers isn't it???

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the width of the border but the fabric is a bit too overpowering. Try a different border fabric and use the dark on the back for a pieced back.

    ReplyDelete