I made some good progress on my Strip Tube quilt last night.
I cut and pressed all the blocks and got a few of them sewn together in pairs.
Then I fiddled around with the scraps. I figured if I don't trim these up now they will sit for who knows how long. There were some extra triangles at the end of each strip tube that weren't quite big enough for a full block, so I trimmed them up and sewed them together in smaller hour glass blocks. On each tube I also had enough fabric to trim off 2.5 inch strips. I'm thinking of sewing these all into blocks and adding them to the back of the quilt. That will reduce the yardage I need for the back and look pretty spiffy at the same time.