Saturday, April 28, 2012

Busy Quilting and I'm a Liebster


I have been busy this week working on one of my own quilts.  I am finishing up the quilting on this applique quilt and plan on entering it as my guild challenge piece for the year.  The theme was "Quilting in the Carolina's"  which was difficult for me,  I had too many ideas for it. It could be anything and I ended up spending the year trying to figure out what to make instead of actually making something that really fit the theme.  Time was ticking down though so I decided to go with my flower applique quilt.  The Carolina's have lots of wonderful flowers right?

Quilts are due at the next guild meeting, which is the first Thursday in May.  They are suppose to be secret until the big reveal so That is why I am only showing a part of it.  After the June meeting, which will be held at the Hartsville, SC Museum, I will post the whole thing for you all to see.  If you want to see it in person and live close by, it will hang with all the other challenge quilts at the Hartsville Museum from June to July.


Also,  My Old Quilting Soul nominated me for a Liebster Blog Award!
Thanks so much for letting me be one of your favorites!!


Now it is my turn to introduce you to some of my favorite quilt bloggers who have 200 followers or less.
I follow quite a lot of bloggers and it was hard to choose favorites I like them all!  Plus a lot of the ones I follow have already been Liebster blogs, so today I have picked two blogs to share with you.

Natasha at Scraps A Plenty - I stumbled upon here blog when were were making similar quilts at the same time and have been a follower ever since.  

Janet at Rogue Quilter - I found her blog when I was trying to find pictures of Faceted Jewel quilts.  She had made one from a pattered called Eye Fooler.  I loved her blog and started flowering her right then.

Check out their blogs when you get a chance, they are wonderful!



Here's some more info about the Liebster;
The Liebster Award (Liebster means favorite in German) is for bloggers with 200 followers or less. As a recipient of the award, you have the chance to thank and link back to the blogger who gave it to you as well as pass it along to five other deserving blogs.

The Liebster Conventions say: 
1. Thank your award presenter on your blog and link back to him/her
2. Copy and paste the award to your blog 
3. Present the Liebster Award to 5 blogs that you think deserve to be recognized 
4. Let them know by leaving a comment on their blog
5. Have faith that your follower will spread the love too !




No comments:

Post a Comment