I took a quick photo before going to bed last night just in case something fell off the design wall in the night. That way I could consult the photo and put them back in place if any went astray. Luckily though everything was still in place when I woke up.
After I finished sewing the 5th top together I started on the 6th. For some reason I miscounted and made 5 extra 4 patches per quilt top, so I had 10 that didn't have a home. I decided to make 10 more and use them all for the 6th shirt quilt.
This is the layout I am playing with for now. I was undecided as to which type of border to use. The smaller 3.5 solid squares on the left or the larger 4.5 alternating solid/stripe squares on the right. So I took a vote among the kids. 3 voted for the big squares and 1 voted for the smaller ones.
I am thinking of using black again as the sashing, or perhaps an off white this time. Ah decisions decisions....