Saturday, March 17, 2012

FNSI - Shirt Quilt #4

Last night for Friday Night Sew In I had intentionally decided to play with my Reunion Jelly roll, but when I actually sat at the sewing machine I felt like sewing together the blocks to make shirt quilt top #4.

I used the instructions from Crazy Mom Quilts for this top.  It uses both the solid and the striped shirts.   There are 9 different solids, and 19 different stripes.  The white is Kona  Cotton White.

Shirt quilt #5 will use this same pattern.  #6 is going to be a different pattern, but I haven't decided which one yet.  I have a lot of 4.5 and 3.5 squares left over as well as lots of 1.5 inch strips.  Perhaps I can find a way to incorporate all those sizes in one quilt.



When I got up this morning I was still in sewing mode, so I opened up the Reunion Jelly roll and matched up the strips and sewed them together in sets of two.  I am using the tutorial from A Bright Corner, but I want my quilt to look like the one from Grace and Favour's blog.

I am excited to do the next step for this quilt, but the sunshine coming through the window is making me want to go out side and get my garden started.
Dirt, here I come!



=^..^=




6 comments:

  1. Great top! I am just discovering shirts. :-) Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking quilt...I love all the plaids with the white...very fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your shirt quilt. You do nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I love this quilt!!! I picked something I thought was easy peasy for the FNSI but my plans didn't go like I wanted them too. I guess I will try, try, again!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I wouldn't have seen this! I love this project and want to play too! I like the version that you want to make yours similar to. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete