Monday, March 26, 2012

Fat Quarter Stars Quilt Along - Top Done

After a slight obstacle named Sheen, I was able get my top together just in time for the FQSQA picture deadline.

He usuallly sneaks on the stuff I am working on when I get up to iron, but this time he plopped himself right on my block when I was right in the middle of sewing.  He was definitely telling me I had been at the sewing machine too long.  So I took a break and played with him for a bit.  Then I ate a little lunch before going back to the machine.
I finished right around 5 and that is the evening sun shining through the slats in the fence.
If I can find some yardage of one of these fat quarter fabrics I might add another border.
If not I will quilt it the way it is and add a slightly thicker binding when the time comes.




=^..^=

8 comments:

  1. Love your quilt top! I haven't been able to put mine together yet, but after seeing yours, I really want to get to it!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheen is adorable. How funny he knew what to do to get your attention! Love your quilt top too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - Sheen is adorable and clearly just wanted to have a go himself! The expression on his face says it all! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cat & quilt are both absolutely gorgeous!! Tell the truth, did he do the quilting for you? ;) lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I love how you accent each block. I really am not one for sampler block quilts, but this is definitely one of the best I have seen. I will have to remember this option next time a QAL comes around that I want to join.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I'm working on a stars quilt, too! I like the borders you put around each block. And my kitty (misty) does the same as your Sheen does, lol!

    ReplyDelete