Saturday, September 3, 2011

Honeycomb Extended

I took my Honeycomb table topper and added more rows to it last night.  The pattern had rows of 8 across 10 down, but I ended up making mine 10 across and 16 down.  Which is double the hexagons and makes the quilt the perfect size for snuggling.

Next on the list is to quilt it.  Last night I printed out some pictures of the top and drew some quilting ideas on it.  I came up with an idea that got me so excited to quilt it that I was ready to baste and get started on the quilting at 11:45pm. Unfortunately I didn't have any white batting, so I had to hold off on the quilting, which was probably a good idea because I also needed some sleep.

But now that I am rested and the laundry is done, I am off to JoAnn's to get some Warm and White. Thank goodness for 40% off coupons.  :)

Oh, and did you know that irons can iron clothes?  I was shocked that mine knew how to do that seeing how it has only ironed quilts in the past 6 months.  ;)
My hubbies shirts are finally happy to have nice straight collars and smooth button plackets.



=^..^= 

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed that you extended your quilt! I can't see it right now. I'm at the soccer fields and some of the pictures aren't showing up for me. I'll take a look when I get home. Can't wait to see it quilted :-)

    ReplyDelete