Friday, June 10, 2011

Table Set

Wow, I haven't been doing much sewing around here since the end of May.  I thought with school ending I would have more time to play around with my fabric, but things keep popping up and I am finding myself more and more away from the sewing machine.  I had some pretty ambitious sewing goals for these past 10 days, but only one got accomplished and even then I felt like I was snatching minutes every couple days.  But I am happy to report that I did finish the tops for this table set.  I also got the batting trimmed, so all I need to do is cut the backing and baste them together.

So far my calendar is empty for the next couple of days, so I am planning to finish these by this weekend.


The table topper measures 23 in square and the 4 place mats are 13 x 19.


While I was cutting out batting for the place mats and table topper, I also trimmed up a piece for this cute baby panel that my friend sent to me.  It is for her niece's new baby.  This panel is super cute and I am excited to do some free hand quilting all over it.  I even got it basted. Since it was small enough to fit on the table, I was able to jump right in and start.  Normally for larger quilts I have to move furniture, sweep, and scrub the floor before I can even start basting. And it sure was nice to be able to sit at the table, instead of crawling around on the floor while basting.  :)





=^..^=

2 comments:

  1. WEll I think you have been busy on the sewing front... and I like your table setting xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table must be happy.....that is a beautiful set :-). Enjoy your free motion quilting on the panel!

    ReplyDelete