Thursday, June 2, 2011

I won a Ribbon!!

I won a red ribbon for "Best Use of Theme" at my guilds Quilt Challenge Show!  The theme this year was "9 Patch". For my entry I finished up the 9 patch quilt from the quilt along I started over at Amanda Jean's blog in the summer of '09.  I actually finished the quilt at the beginning of May this year, but I didn't want to post a photo of it till it was revealed at the show today. All the quilts were revealed this morning as part of our June guild meeting and awards were handed out at the end of the meeting.  I was really surprised when they called my name out.  There were lots of fancy quilts there and I really didn't think my quilt would place at all.

All the quilts will hang in the Hartsville, SC Museum for the summer so if you are in town, stop by the museum to see them in person.



9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! It's gorgeous! I can totally see why you won a ribbon for it. Congratulations on a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! It's such a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors in the quilt. The quilting is beautiful. I love the grid pattern. It is so effective! Congrats on the recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Leah.... love all the quilting you did as well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Leah!!! That is way cooL! I love your quilt! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! What an honor. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty nine patch...congratulations on the ribbon!

    hugZ,
    annie
    rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congradulations! The colors are so crisp and clear. Very Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats...I really like this quilt and the quiting!!

    ReplyDelete