Saturday, April 9, 2011

I'm on a roll... 3 down 2 to go.

At first I couldn't remember where I had gotten the inspiration for this quilt. I know I had seen a photo of it on the internet, but I couldn't remember where I had seen it.  Then the other day, when I was re-browsing some of my favorite sites, I found the photo again.  I actually found the pattern in two different spots.  One was on Mary's site, MaryQuilts.com, and the other on Bonnie Hunter's site, Quiltville.   Mary calls hers "16 Patches and Pinwheels", while Bonnie named hers "Pinwheels and Patches".   I call mine FINISHED!  Wahoo!!

I finished hand stitching the binding to the back this afternoon and then took it outside for it's photo shoot.

I did some curved quilting in the off white squares which ended up making circles around the colored squares.  Then I did some wavy swirls in the green border and regular swirls in the blue border.


Monday I will package it up and send it on its way to Tennessee where it will find a nice new loving home.






1 comment: