I made the top for this quilt in 2006 at the end of summer. At the same time I made three other Halloween quilt tops. Two got quilted right away, one got quilted three years later, but this one sat basted and ready to go for three years. I decided this one needed to get finished this year. Heck, it was already basted, the hard part was already done. So I used the free time I had in between other projects to worked on this one. During one session, I quilting the free hand spiderwebs around the floating squares. During another sitting I added the meandered pumpkins. A few weeks later I worked on the designs inside the triangles. Finally all I had left was the border and I finished up that up last week. This week I was able to attach the binding and last night while watching The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, I hand stitched down all the binding. YAY!! Another UFO crossed off the list.
The Happy Zombie and can be downloaded here. They sure are quite fun and quick to make. I really want to make more of them. We shall see if time permits before Halloween arrives in three days.