Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Mystery Challenge Postcards





Art 4 Mail had a Mystery Challenge postcard swap.  Two of these are for my partners, one is for me.  When I signed up, I had to pick 5 numbers between 1-50.  Each number corresponds to a different item that has to be added to the card.  When sign ups closed and partners were assigned, I received an email stating the 5 items/techniques that had to be on my postcards.


My assignments were:

Applique Something - I did fusible appliqué and added some green holly leaves and circles
Add Single Thread Stitching  - I used a green thread to go along with my green holly leaves and did a single line daisy stitch
Add a Sketch - the whole card is a sketch with some green shading in places to match the green holly leaves - perhaps I went a little over board in this section.  :)
Add a Strong Vertical  - I am hoping the green thread stitching, flanked by two black lines, works for this requirement.
Add Something Very Dark or Very Light (or what the heck, both!!) - the muslin background is light, and the black edging surely qualifies as something dark.




7 comments:

free indeed said...

They are FANTASTIC!!!! Truely little works of art!

Quilt Rat said...

ohmygosh!!!! LOVE these...FABULOUS!

Tarnyia said...

WOW I just love how you have put your sketching into your postcard... and I must say a big thank you for my post card I love it and have been telling everyone about it xxx

jan said...

Great job Leah, you always do such wonderful cards. It was always a pleasure to receive them.

Wendy said...

Oh my goodness, Leah, that is Gorgeous!! Very lucky mystery partners! You did good.

Quilting in the Pines said...

WOW! I'm impressed!

Donnamo said...

Very cool leah!