Friday, December 17, 2010

Gifts for Teachers and Friends

Today was the last day of school for the year. YAHOO!!
No more getting up at 6:30am to get kids out the door.  - well at least not till next year.  

I made jars of hot chocolate mix for my sons to give their teachers.
I only needed 4, but I went ahead and made all 12 jars that came in the case.

I put the four jars inside these cute little treat bags that my daughter helped me make.  Since 8 of the bags were for her to her friends, I really put her to work on this project.  She actually did a lot of the machine sewing and even hand sewed all the turning openings.
 We stuffed her eight bags with Monster Cookies, chocolates, and candy canes.

The pattern is from Happy Zombie and you can find the pattern here.

4 comments:

  1. Yummy - both the goodie jars AND the goodie bags.

    Great, great job, Leah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bags and nice gifts for the teachers.

    I made 20 of those cute little bags at halloween for my students. I put a pumpkin shaped sugar cookie is each one! They loved them!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful gift!! Great job!! Merry Christmas Leah!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so cool that Sarah helped. I wish that my Mom had taken more time to show me how to sew as a kid.

    ReplyDelete