Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Quiting Gallery Embroidery Mini Quilt Swap

Here is my quilt for the Quilting Gallery Embroidery Mini Quilt Swap.  Everyone had to make a 10" x 12" quilt using the same hand embroidery deign. The design came from the Stitching Cow website.

I wanted to offset the embroidery on the quilt, but it looked kind of blah next to all the squares, so I added some fancy green rick rack to frame it in.  Then I did some close stippling around the design to help it stand out a bit more.

It should have arrived to its new home in Illinois by now so I can post it on my blog now and not ruin any surprises.

You can see some of the other mini quilts here.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute. Love how you showed off the embroidery.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah,
    I am certain the recipient of this sweet little mini will treasure it always. It is wonderful!! And the off set is very clever. Additionally your blog is a very good way of logging in all of your work. I notice we have more in common that I imagined. Ami Simms seems to have originated those bowls as she was in our area teaching them not too long ago. She was teaching the art of covering the rope with fabric, but now it is the art of dyeing the rope. LOL Thanks for the link to your site, I shall come back to look often.
    Liz Armstrong, Arlington Hts, Il

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mini is so cute. I never did get a quilt in the swap. It was kind of disappointing. My partner was sick, but promised to send it later. I hope she's feeling better. I never heard again. I've always wondered if she was ok.

    ReplyDelete