Friday, June 11, 2010

Iris Folded Fabric Postcard

Last month my friend sent me this special card card for my Birthday.  She made it herself using a technique called Iris Folding.   Since I had never heard of that particular technique before, I decided to Google it and find out all I could.  It is done using small folded strips of paper and placing them around a specific pattern shape.  

Since all the designs I found were small enough to fit on my 4 x 6 fabric postcards, I kept wondering if I could make one out of fabric instead of paper.  So I pulled out my left over fabric scraps and gave it a try.  This whale is my first attempt.  It really was quite fun to make it, and I printed out some other free patterns from the Circle of Crafters website to try later on.  

3 comments:

  1. Dear Leah,
    the kitty looks great. It's really an interesting technique.
    Trillian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty whale!

    I have tried iris folding once with paper, and is toying with the idea of using fabric too. You have done it so neatly with the edges.

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete