Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Today I finally worked on one of my UFOs. I pulled this quilt top out a couple months ago, but that was about all I did with it. Today I started laying the blocks out on the floor to get a view of what order I wanted them, but my puppy decided that he wanted to play with my blocks and just wouldn't let me lay the blocks out at all. So I had to come up with a new way to display them. I remembered reading online about design walls being made out of tablecloths with flannel backs, so I grabbed the only table cloth I owned that had a flannel back and draped it in front of my fireplace. It wasn't quite big enough to fit the whole quilt (the top row didn't fit) but it still was very helpful in getting this top laid out and ready to sew together. It also made me realize that I was 6 blocks short for the outer border, so I worked on those today and added the yellow inner border. Hopefully tomorrow there will be time to finish sewing the rest of the outer border blocks together and complete the top.