This week I have been busy working on our attic with my hubby again. We have almost finished all four dormers and if the weather stays nice, they should all be completely finished by the end of this week. Then we can call the roofers and get our new roof. I will be glad of that.
This attic business has put me a little behind on some of the swaps I have signed up for, but this morning I put the binding on the last of the postcards that were past due and sent them out this afternoon.
This is the one I finished this morning, I made six of these for two different swaps: Fabricards "Go Make Something" and FAPC "Mini Quilt". The little pinwheels have been sitting in my sewing room for years just waiting for me to do something with them. This made them the perfect choice for the "go make something" cards. We were suppose to use something that has been unused in the sewing room. They also fit perfect for the "Mini Quilt" swap for FAPC. I have a hard time coming up with ideas for the swaps so when I come up with one and it fits for two groups, I run with it.
This next one is for ArtsNTheMail group. The theme was "Potty about Pink". I signed up for this one thinking I had lots of pink things to put on there, but as I searched through my stash of things I realized I didn't have as much as I thought. So I put together what I had and it turned out just great. Sometimes the simplest things turn out the best.
I made these for the Pick-A-Word swap for Fabricards. Can you guess the word I picked?
These went out in the mail last week.
These two were made for 1 to 1 swaps. Since all the stitches on these were hand done (except the edging), I was able to work on these while riding in the car and waiting to pick up kids from school. The frog fabric came from left over scraps my Mother-in-law had. I cut out the frogs and other images and turned them into postcards. I have lots more pieces of that and really enjoy hand stitching on these. I really like the look and feel of them when they are finished. So there will most likely be more of these types of postcards on the blog soon.
This postcard was also made from a peice of that same frog fabric. I made this one for ArtsNTheMail's 200 Challenge. The rules were to have 200 of something on the card. I chose to put 200 french knots on my card. I followed the graphic and put the knots on the leaves, flowers, and bugs. I thought 200 was a large number and would take up a lot of space, but once I was finished, I realized that 200 is not that many at all. The knots are very small and didn't take up nearly as much space as I thought. But I still like the look and feel of how it turned out.