Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Beaded Embroidery

I thought I would try my hand at beaded embroidery, and what better size to practice on then a 4 x 6 fabric post card. I sewed each of those beads on by hand. It was time consuming, but very relaxing for me. I have seen tutorials online that show how to sew beads on by machine, which would probably make the process slighty faster, but I really enjoy the hand work.


Here is what I came up with.



I also played around with my embroidery machine and made this little cutie. She is the May girl from my Girls of the Month Series. She will be sent to Mary A. for the fabricards May Mingle swap.
On a side note, I have actually been working on something other than post cards this week. (Maybe I can finally break my addiction to these little works of art and get back to my regular quilting.)
I have been putting the finishing touches on some butterfly quilt blocks. Keep an eye out for those pictures...

2 comments: